Wednesday, 10 August 2011

BRB; Gone out looting.

This past weekend has been totally shocking, and makes me feel very ashamed to be a Londoner. The mindless thuggery throughout the city was utterly disgraceful, completely inexcusable.

Rumour has it, that this all started because some fella got shot and killed by police on Thursday, and it sparked a unstoppable chain of rioting and looting. I'm sorry, but I know this is bullshit, there is noone way all these children cared about the shooting, they just wanted to run a muck in a seemingly lawless city.



The police did not do enough to halt the violence, I feel this is attributed to them being criticized for 'using too much force' against the students earlier on in the year. So what does that mean Mr Chief of Police, do absolutely fuck all? Wise.

From footage on the news, and what I have seen in my own town or Croydon, many places looked like a warzone, or a scene out of I Am Legend, desolate and empty, police everywhere and buildings smashed up or alight! It is completely despicable. There is no justification for idiotic, sporadic outbursts of aggression! I even heard some fools comparing these past couple of days to the Egyptian protests, is that not one of the most silly things you've ever heard? The Egyptians had something to stand for, they were fighting for a better political state and better human rights! Meanwhile in London, we were fighting for Iphones, T.V's and 14year olds who wanting their taxes back! Hmm.



The main problem this weekend, from what I can conclude, is that these children are not scared of authority, they have no respect for the police. Especially when the police have no power in containing these thugs by using more force, slap them about a bit, if they are big enough to give attitude to the riot police, they should be adult enough to take the beating!

Now for the parents! What the fuck are these infant's parents doing?! Do they not care where their child is? "Where have you been Leeroy? They're nice new trainers!" If the child is not old enough to be arrested, then the parents should be instead, or better yet sterilized, or shot.

As I mentioned before, I am simply embarrassed by the completely ridiculous behaviour over the weekend. I have lost my faith in the police, they were useless, and I believe that the reason it didn't kick off yesterday was because the children's Red Bull rush had run out and they needed a little sleepy, it had nothing to do with the more police on the beat.

One thing that brought a massive positive from a negative situation was the people of the boroughs coming together to either chase off the rioters, or clean up the aftermath.

I feel that we have not seen the end of action like this, I just hope the police are a lot more prepared next time. Oh, and I must extend my gratitude to Mr Cameron for cutting his holiday short to come and ride into town on his chocolate unicorn waving his 'lets all be friends' wand and saving the day, thank you Cam, you're a gent.

Stay safe out there.

2 comments:

  1. loving the last 2 posts:
    2nd August
    "help to eradicate the gloomy reputation it has gained over the years which means we are looked down upon somewhat"

    then 10th August about the lew-tings! haha

    x T

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I know I was thinking that when I was writing this one!

    Stupid Croydon.

    ReplyDelete