Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Music or lose it, partner!

I believe that music is one of the most powerful things to ever grace our planet. Without music where would we be? What would the world be like? Empty, quiet, miserable?



I love music. I listen to many different genres, from Heavy Metal to Gangsta Rap and everything in between. As long as it sounds good I will happily let it infiltrate my lugholes. I find that having a broad music taste helps to make you a more diverse individual, different styles of music will help you learn about other cultures be it worldwide or if you want to understand what the hoodies are saying down the road, innit?

Sometimes I could be listening to a certain song or artist and I could be transported years back to a particular time in my live, and relive a specific memory, taste or even smell! Music has this power, and an overwhelming ability to change every little thing about life, and it's almost like we have an innate attraction to it, the beat runs through our veins like blood and sometimes even moves our body parts involuntarily! It can make us laugh, cry, rejoice and remember. Those notes can lift you up when you are feeling depressed, or bring you down when you were riding high, but more importantly it can even save your life! You hear a lot of accounts from people claiming that "Michael Jackson saved their lives", and perhaps you think to yourself, "how? He's only a singer.." and you'd be right in that sense, he was just a singer, but a singer who had an amazing gift for powerful song writing and drawing emotions from seemingly nothing. So, I can understand that in certain cases, perhaps in times of severe depression when someone is feeling suicidal, a song or particular piece of composition can completely alter the way you are thinking and feeling and stop you from making the wrong choice! It truly is a fantastic thing, and when I hear music I feel very thankful that I actually have the capability to do so. My world would be nothing without music, and I imagine your's wouldn't be much better!



It's one of the only things that is universal, and can speak to you in any language, and it can bring together people who otherwise couldn't understand each other!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and stories about how music has made a difference in your life, no matter how small.

"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music."
-Billy Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment