Monday, 11 July 2011

Couldn't think of a name.

So, King David and Queen Victoria have given birth to another baby, well, Victoria has mainly.



Their new baby girl was born on Sunday in LA, and has been given the absolutely ridiculous name of Harper Seven! That is not a name, what does it even mean? It seems that there is some crazed celebrity fad these days, whereby the celebs attempt to outdo each other with who can give their children the most horrific name! For example idiots Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin have named their child Apple! They either have an undying love for the fruit or are shareholders, those are the only two reasons I'd name my kid Apple. However I think the award for the most stupid name out there has to be.. dun dun dunnnn:- Shannyn Sossamon & Dallas Clayton's sprog who has been given, lovingly no doubt, the delightful name of Audio Science Clayton. Well done parents, well done!



This reminds me of a story I read a few months back about an Egyptian man who named his new born daughter Facebook! Here's the link.(istyosty link)

We all, as potential parents have the right to name our child whatever we want, but you've got to think about the kid here, they may not appreciated being called, Harper Seven, Apple, Audio Science or Facebook! It's a nice way to make your child a proper target for bullying too. It makes me wonder how far are we going to go with names? Are we going to start naming people after even more irrelevant things so that the whole point of a meaningful name is lost altogether? "Hello Mum, meet your grandson Wardrobe, and his twin sister KFC". It's utter madness.



Call me superficial but I suppose if I was one of the Beckham's kids and having all that money as inheritance, they could call me anything they damn well pleased!

To see more celebrity names visit: www.babynames.com

No comments:

Post a Comment